Saturday, September 27, 2008

Something to Fill

The 'Enter' conference has taken it out of me!
On top of it all I started work today! Go ME! I am drained of everything. I told aunt Kim the other night on the phone that I have never been so tired, I feel it all the way to my bones. Its the kind of tired where you feel like if you slept for a month straight it wouldn't be enough.
Emotionally?
I am doing better then I was. I am coming to terms with everything and I know ultimately it was the right thing to do. I had to surrender I couldn't carry it anymore. But just because I couldn't didn't mean that I didn't still have the desire in my heart to take it all on. Its okay that I feel like that right now. God is working on my heart. That's the beauty of the Lord, not having to clean up before you come but being able to cast everything onto Him. Thank Goodness someone can handle it!

As you might know I had been going back and forth on my college decision. One day I couldn't think of anything else but going home and being free after the school of worship and than others I was so sure that Kings was the right place for me.

I was so confused and frustrated because I wanted to have a plan.

Then I called Adam 'that night' and I told him that I couldn't talk to him anymore. I had never heard him get so upset.

That's a lie. Only twice before had I ever seen him that angry. I felt like such a jerk, I knew what I was doing was right but I hate hurting him and I know that's what I did.

He proceeded to give me a list of things that God has done (or hasn't intervened with) that he didn't understand. He told me that he really 'hoped God lived up to my expectations because he certainly didn't measure up to his.'

You know when someone is set in a way of thinking there is really nothing you can say to change their mind or soften their heart. Adam had a whole list of things that were 'Gods fault' and really it was just a list of hurting people hurting other people.

I cried while I was on the phone with him, and I cried when I got off.

But the reason why I was heart broken when I got off the phone was completely different from the reason of why I was when I got on it.

He had told me things. He showed me scars and burdens that I didn't even know he carried.

I cried for people. Hurting people that only wanted to be made whole. Hurting people who realized that they were walking around with this huge hole in them. Hurting people who tried to stuff the hole full of everything that they could find, only succeeding in making the empty hole bigger.

Adam looked to a girl. He tried to cram her into this hole that she would have never been big enough to fill and when she didn't make it all better everything just got worse.

Hurting people cramming other hurting people into holes they were never meant to fill only succeeding in stretching the hole out even more. All you are left with is more hurt.

It was then in my room that God started whispering to my heart.

The next day I prayed that God would give me new dreams because my old ones were gone.

He is so faithful.

This situation has shown me how changed I truly am. God has given me this heart of compassion. This heart for the lost that I never knew existed.

He wants me to go to school for christian counseling. I know this now. He wants me to help his people. The ones who are trying to cram lots of little things into one big hole and I want to help them.

Now I know I cant fix anyone but I know of someone who delights in filling holes and taking control.

I want to help people for Sam. I don't know her but I love her and her story speaks to my heart. Helping those whose hope is lost. I want to help people like Adam. The ones who need to know that there is someone who will never let them down and will fulfil every promise that He makes.

Jesus my life is yours. All I am called to do is love with your love and disciple.

I love these people so much. Its hard to breathe.

No comments: